- Insurance Law & Reinsurance Law
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Company Law - Merger & Acquisitions - Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law - Construction Law - Urbanism Law
Jean-Baptiste’s practice ranges from advising companies and individuals in their corporate transactions to litigating their cases in court, both in Luxembourg and in France. In addition to a varied activity as a general commercial practitioner, Jean-Baptiste has developed very extensive experience in general insurance law and advises or defends insurers and brokers regularly. He has also developed a keen interest in arbitration, together with being a member of various arbitration associations (AFA, CFA, CEA, LAA, IBA), and frequently involves in matters dealing with enforcement of arbitral awards (ICC, ICSID, ad hoc…).
He was admitted to the Luxembourg Bar (2017), the Paris Bar (2012) and the New York Bar (2011) after studying at the University of Salamanca (class of 2008 – Erasmus international exchange programme), the University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas (class of 2009 – Masters in Business and Tax Law), and Boston University (class of 2010 – LL.M in American law).
He has published or contributed to a series of articles and guides in his areas of practice, and in all the languages he commands.
- 2008 - University of Salamanca
- 2009 - Master of Business Law and Taxation, Panthéon-Assas University (Paris II)
- 2010 - LL.M in American Law, Boston University
French, English, Spanish
- In French
- Les Echos – Le Cercle, Éléments à retenir du dernier rapport du Conseil d’analyse économique sur l’action de groupe à la française (a commentary of the bill on French class action) (http://lecercle.lesechos.fr/economie-societe/societe/droit/221155505/elements-a-retenir-dernier-rapport-conseil-analyse-economiq) (October 2012)
- Les Echos – Le Cercle, Regards croisés franco-américains sur le devoir de loyauté du dirigeant (http://lecercle.lesechos.fr/entrepreneur/juridique/221162514/regards-croises-franco-americains-devoir-loyaute-dirigeant) (The corporate officers’ duty of loyalty: a comparison of the rules applicable under French and US laws) (January 2013)
- In English
- IBA and Paris bar award for an article about Paris as a legal forum in the 21st century (May 2015)
- Getting The Deal Through 2021 Edition: Insurance & Reinsurance, Luxembourg Chapter (June 2021)
- In Spanish
- Spain Arbitration Review (Club español del arbitraje), Ed. Wolters Kluwer, Kluwer Arbitration, numéro 19, volume 2014, pp. 119 à 124 Comentario a la sentencia pública de 28 de marzo de 2013 (núm. 11-27.770) de la Corte de casación, Sala 1.a Civil, Pirelli c. Licensing Projects (May 2014)