- Company Law – Mergers & Acquisitions – Commercial Law
- Insurance Law & Reinsurance Law
- Banking & Finance
- Private Equity
Chantal has more than 30 years professional experience in general company law, merger & acquisitions, restructuring and corporate governance and joint ventures. She has developed a particular expertise in cross border transactions (e.g. migration, merger, partial and full demerger, contribution of a branch of activity). She was involved in major corporate reorganizations such as the reorganization of the Luxembourg subsidiaries of the Intesa San Paolo Banking Group and the merger of Arcelor/ Mittal. She also advises major private equity houses in their activities and has a major experience in the structuring of investment holding platform in Luxembourg.
Before joining Bonn & Schmitt, Chantal worked as general counsel in a major insurance company.
- 1988 Master’s degree in Notarial Law (Free University of Brussels), Belgium
- 1984 Master’s degree in Insurance Law (Catholic University of Louvain), Belgium
- 1983 Master’s degree in Law (Catholic University of Louvain), Belgium
French, English and Dutch
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Corporate Governance, Luxembourg Chapter
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Public M&A, Luxembourg Chapter
- Getting The Deal Through 2020 Edition: Insurance & Reinsurance, Luxembourg Chapter